Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1and1 Has Now Terminated My Contract

This is an email that I just got from the morons at 1and1.com:

Dear Reverend Joe Kennedy, (Customer ID: 71409XX)
Termination is set on all your contracts for 2 weeks for violation of terms and conditions.You will find a dump of the database in your webspace.
You have 2 weeks to find another host.
Sincerely,

Michael Lazin
Security Team Operative
1 & 1 Internet Inc.

I would like Mr. Michael Lazin of 1and1.com to know that he will be personally named in the lawsuit being filed against 1and1.com. He is a total piece of work!

Wonder what they plan on doing about transferring all my domains to another registrar. I'm sure that the International Registration Authority will want to know about this ...

3 comments:

  1. what jackasses. FUCK U 1&1! I HATE U. will nEVER EVER host from u AGAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spoke to a 1and 1 technical services rep in April 2009 to cancel my account. I was led to believe that the account was canceled. I received no other communication. On Dec. 14, 2009 I received a collection letter from their NCO financial systems stating that I owed 1 and 1 $23.94 and $18.95. I called 1and1, they said my account was not fully closed, only the domain was canceled- not the hosting. I told them I had requested both (and why would I still host if the domain was canceled). Then they told me they sent me ONE email in October to let me know that I owed money. I did not receive this email. They did not send an invoice by mail, call me (they have my phone number) or attempt to contact me in any other way. The 1and1 sales representative acknowledged that I did cancel my domain in April, but hosting was not canceled. I said that when I communicated with Tech Services, I was led to believe that both had been canceled. Next she said that if I paid the collection company, then they would pro-rate back my refund based on the cancelation date. However, I still would have to pay the $18.95 late fee. Then they transferred me to NCO to make the payment over the phone, I found out that I had to pay another $8 to pay via credit card over the phone to ensure that the bill would not be reported to the credit agencies. I had been told by 1and1 that I would not be reported to the credit bureau and that I had 30 days to pay this bill. 1and1 mislead me again & it cost me a total of $50.89.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEWARE 1and1.com has started television advertising here in the States.

    They are the lowest form of life - and based in Germany so it is impossible to get resolution.

    ReplyDelete